Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The inspiration behind Light Cosmetics by Erin...check out her story...

I have been around makeup my whole life, my grandma was a makeup artist and I always remember the excitement of being with her and trying on all her bright blue eyeshadow and coral lipstick! she was the most beautiful woman and always immpeccably groomed. she really was my hero and my inspiration. It made perfect sense for me to follow in her footsteps so after completing highschool and my TEE exams I went to beauty college and have been a beauty therapist since 1998. I adore everything to do with cosmetics and delight in packaging and bright colours. A huge passion of mine is protecting animals from cruelty and have always sought after animal cruelty free products.


I have been lucky enough to be a part of hundreds of brides special days by providing makeup services for the bridal parties and lots of lovely mothers of the brides and grooms!

I have always wanted my own range, something I could promote knowing it really does do what it says it will and doesnt harm animals in the making.

I thought it would be something that would just be too hard to actually do not to mention costly, but have always kept in the back of my head. My life is so busy, between working, modelling and being a wife and mum, plus last year getting married and building a house so the idea was on the back burner completely.

The start really began last year while I was in Hawaii for our beautiful wedding. The makeup artist who made me so gorgeous for my amazing day had her own line of products. It renewed my passion and I excitedly filled my husband in.

My wonderful husband Richie really urged me on to just do it. He has so much faith in me and my skills and knows the passion I have for cosmetics. It took a long time to source everything and makesure everything was exactly how I wanted it to be and more sleepness nights than I can count!!!

When my first shipment arrived I was at work. My husband rang to tell me it had arrived and I made him promise not to open it till I got home at 8pm.

I ran in the door and hubby says I was like a kid at christmas. I couldnt stop looking at everything. It is exactly How I wanted it to be and I am so proud of my creation! I am overjoyed to introduce LIGHT COSMETICS BY ERIN
xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment